Flexible, robust and customised serviced apartment finance solutions for investors, developers and homeowners. UK-wide serviced accommodation, apart-hotel and holiday let loans.
Serviced Apartment/Serviced Accommodation Finance Available For:
- New-build properties
- Holiday let conversions
- Short-term serviced apartments
- Customised buy-to-let finance for serviced accommodations
- Major/minor refurbishments
Letting residential properties on an ad-hoc, short-term basis is a trend that has been in motion for well over a decade. Over the last two years, we have seen this trend culminate into a full-blown investment boom, with thousands of investors, developers and homeowners exploring this new-age option of generating handsome returns on their properties.
Unfortunately, things aren’t always that easy.
Banks and other high-street lenders have an infamous track record of rejecting serviced accommodation finance applications across-the-board. It’s not too uncommon to find homeowners and developers fail to recoup their investments just because they couldn’t get raise money.
Commercial Finance Network – a leading whole-of-market finance broker in the UK – has, to some degree, been able to thwart this resistance and promote innovations in the rental sector. We offer unique, customised and flexible serviced accommodation finance and serviced apartment loans to qualifying homeowners, developers and investors.
Key Features of Our Serviced Accommodation Finance (Business/Holiday Let Finance)
- Every serviced apartment loan we broker is customised fully to meet your exact needs.
- We offer scalable, borrow-as-you-need holiday let finance and serviced accommodation loans for nearly every need of your project – from minor refurbishments to major conversions.
- If you are a developer looking to undertake build-to-let projects that involve serviced apartments, holiday lets or short-term rentals, we can offer end-to-end serviced accommodation finance through our development finance services.
- To homeowners looking to convert their residential properties into serviced accommodations, we can offer low-interest, flexibly structured serviced accommodation loan solutions on the lines of HMO finance.
- One-of-their-kind finance solutions for Airbnb rentals and holiday lets.
- Serviced apartments (SA) finance packages starting as low as £10,000.
- Industry-leading LTV ratios available for all serviced accommodation loans (75-80%).
- Fast processing – you’ll hear from us within 24 hours of applying.
- 24 x 7 customer service.
What is Serviced Accommodation?
Serviced accommodations are essentially residential properties let on a short-term basis. The rental period could be anywhere between one day to a few weeks. In most cases, serviced accommodations are used by tourists (holiday rentals) and business travellers (serviced apartments).
What sets serviced accommodations apart from the regular buy-to-let, build-to-let or HMO properties is the flexibility of rentals and the amenities provided. A well-run serviced apartment in a busy business district can yield rental income 300-400% higher than an equivalent AST.
Why Take a Serviced Accommodation Loan/Holiday Let Loan?
A serviced apartment loan or a holiday let loan is important on two counts:
- It helps you complete the conversion/build/refurbishment quickly without having your money tied up as a lumpsum in the project.
- By clearing up the financing bottlenecks, serviced accommodation loans move the project along. The quicker you can start letting, the faster you recoup the costs.
A serviced apartment finance package is similar to other commercial property loans. The lenders assess your project, attach a value to it, provide a loan offer that’s proportionate to this value and the loan is granted when all other terms are fulfilled.
So far, so good.
But there’s another angle to serviced accommodation loans and holiday let finance packages – one that most lenders and banks won’t talk about.
The acceptance rates for such loans are among the lowest in the commercial finance sector for one simple reason – the lenders still don’t fully trust the potential of such properties.
Being an industry-leading whole-of-market broker in the UK, we – at Commercial Finance Network – are proud to be among the very first mainstream brokers to offer full-fledged serviced accommodation loans to developers, investors and homeowners.
Serviced Accommodation Finance for Developers
We offer end-to-end development finance solutions for build-to-let serviced accommodation projects. Such development loans cover nearly every development cost, allowing you to focus on getting the best returns.
Serviced Accommodation Loans for Homeowners
Catering to professionals and business travellers means that you need to furnish your property with the best-in-class amenities.
If you own a residential property that you want to convert into a serviced apartment, we can offer some of the cheapest serviced apartment loans that take care of conversion costs, interior design, furniture, utilities and other associated costs.
Holiday Rental Loans and Airbnb Rental Loans
Holiday letting is a trend on the rise. Tourists and vacationers prefer a local holiday let for the duration of their stay over hotels or B&Bs when they are travelling with the family.
To homeowners and investors looking to invest into such opportunities, we offer comprehensive holiday rental loans that are structured just like regular buy-to-let and HMO loans. If you’re planning on buying a property and turning it into a specialty Airbnb rental, our lenders can offer attractive Airbnb rental loans, along with their expertise.
Why Choose Commercial Finance Network?
As we mentioned earlier, most lenders are averse to the idea of offering serviced accommodation finance. The underlying reason is fairly easy to understand.
Unlike buy-to-let, HMO or build-to-let projects, serviced accommodations are inherently more unpredictable. There’s no guarantee that your property will have year-round occupancy. The lack of fixed monthly income makes such loans riskier propositions for lenders.
“Commercial Finance Network eliminates the hassle from serviced accommodation finance. We work with lenders who specialise in the short-term rental sector, making sure that your chances of getting a serviced accommodation loan you deserve are far higher than anywhere else.”
Here are a few features that make our serviced accommodation finance services stand out:
- There aren’t many commercial finance brokers who handle the unique requirements of the serviced accommodation sector. We are proud to be among the first ones.
- Like all our commercial finance services, the serviced accommodation loans we broker are fully customisable to meet the needs of your project.
- We have on board a panel of diverse, responsible and specialist lenders. By applying for a serviced accommodation loan with us, you get to reach out to all of them together, instead of sending out dozens of applications.
- Our serviced apartment loans and holiday let finance packages feature low interest rates, flexible repayment schedules and higher than average approval rates.
- Being a national whole of market broker, we have deep-rooted presence in every UK district.
- Our state-of-the-art customer service portal is open to all our customers at all times, throughout the week.
Great Investments Start with Great Choices!
Not being able to get a project started is bad enough. Having to see it stalled halfway through for the want of more funding is definitely worse. Serviced accommodations and holiday rentals can provide great returns on your money only when the investments you’ve made are adequate and cheap.
Don’t get lured into high-maintenance mortgages and outrageously expensive personal loans to get your serviced accommodation project up and running. Let Commercial Finance Network find you a loan offer that makes sense.